Monday, January 2, 2012

Review: Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead

Title:
 Author:
Format: Kindle
Genre: Paranormal, YA
Source:  Personal Copy
Published: May 18th 2010 by Penguin/Razorbill
My Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥
♥

From Goodreads.com
Salvation has its price.
The words stunned Adrian for a moment, but he kept going. "You're lying. What you're describing is impossible. There's no way to save a Strigoi. When they're gone, they're gone. They're dead. Undead. Forever."

Robert's next words weren't directed at Adrian. They were spoken to me. "That which is dead doesn't always stay dead...."

After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri’s birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir’s—and to her best friend, Lissa Dragomir. It's graduation, and the girls can’t wait for their real lives outside of the Academy’s cold iron gates to finally begin. But even with the intrigue and excitement of court life looming, Rose’s heart still aches for Dimitri. He's out there, somewhere.

She failed to kill him when she had the chance, and now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and she knows in her heart that he is hunting her. And if Rose won't join him, he won't rest until he's silenced her...forever. 

Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy has once again left me speechless. Rose Hathaway is one of my favorite protagonists, EVER!! And Spirit Bound has made no exception. 

We start out at St. Vladimir's (again with me wishing I could have gone to some fabulous boarding school - paranormal or not!) and it's Graduation time. Not only is it Graduation, but Rose's Dad is there! And he is getting to know Adrian! **Cue bad flashback to my Dad meeting my boyfriend in high school and even worse memory of him meeting said boyfriends parents. Not good** 

After Graduation, we follow the good ol' gang to Court, where they are to resume the lives that have been laid out in front of them. However, Rose has other plans. She's on an obsessive hunt for Dimitri (I'm trying so hard to avoid spoilers. So hard.) And she will do whatever illegal means to accomplish her goal.

Now here's where the roller coaster that we went on with Blood Promise resumes. We run the whole chart of emotions, we see SEVERAL of our beloved Characters in prison. (And unfortunately the single character who SHOULD be there is not.) But it doesn't end where I thought it would - I assumed the entire book would be the quest for Dimitri. 

WRONG! He's found and his story is sort of finished at the halfway point, but then there's more. (Again - Really? How do I write this review without spoilers??) I fall more and more in love with Adrian (If it doesn't work out with Rose, he's welcome at my house!)  

And the ending? Oh the ending! Richelle Mead had me both laughing and screaming. Rose really needs to learn to think before she speaks!! But the cliffhanger? Well, I'm just glad I already had Last Sacrifice ready to go so I could just pick it up right away. (Which I did!) 

In the end? I'm more in love with the Vampire Academy series than I had been before, anxious to find out what happens next but hesitant because I know my journey with Rose and Lissa (and more importantly Dimitri and Adrian!!) is about to close. 

1 comment:

  1. Okay so I never reeeeally read vampire books but this series sounds pretty friggin cool! Great review :)

    xo,
    La Toya (La Toya, Literally.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!

 

Important Dates

Get your own free Blogoversary button!