Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Review: Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

Title:
 Author:

Format: Kindle
Genre: Paranormal, YA
Source:  Personal Copy
Published: May 18th 2010 by Penguin/Razorbill
My Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥
♥

From Goodreads.com
 
Look out for Bloodlines, Richelle Mead's new series set in the world of Vampire Academy, coming August 2011!

The astonishing final novel in Richelle Mead's epic series!

Murder. Love. Jealousy. And the ultimate sacrifice. Now, with Rose on trial for her life and Lissa first in line for the Royal Throne, nothing will ever be the same between them.
 
 
 
 
Writing a review for Last Sacrifice - the final Vampire Academy book- has been tough. This is my favorite series that I read in 2011, if not ever. (Gushy, full series review to be posted tomorrow!) I had a connection with each of the characters and this final book was one long emotional rollercoaster. 

There was so much packed into this last book that I worry anything I write will bring a spoiler. I love Adrian and Rose as a couple, I love Dimitri - both with Rose and alone. And I love that this triangle (I hate love triangles, but this? Bearable and enjoyable.) I love the places it went in this book and how I was struggling to figure out who I wanted to end up with who.

One of the most enjoyable storylines of the series (to me) was Lissa running for Queen. I loved the tests, it was fun to watch and see what the Moroi find to be suitable for their future leaders! The final test was one of those "awwww" moments for me. And my heart broke for Lissa, knowing that she wasn't really eligible after all that work.

In the end, Richelle Mead has done a marvelous job with this series, building a world that is easy to get lost in and characters that find a place in your heart. Last Sacrifice was my favorite book of the series, and I Am anxiously hoping for more glimpses of Rose and Lissa n the Bloodlines series!
 
(Check back tomorrow for my FULL SERIES review!!) 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I remember seeing so many bloggers loooove this series! I'm definite interested to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS review! Just finished this, and glad you liked this as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!

 

Important Dates

Get your own free Blogoversary button!