Title: Hex Hall
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Format: Kindle
Genre: YA,
Source: Personal Copy
Published: March 2010 by Hyperion Book CH
My Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 1/2
From Goodreads:
Three years ago, Sophie Mercer discovered that she was a witch. It's gotten her into a few scrapes. Her non-gifted mother has been as supportive as possible, consulting Sophie's estranged father--an elusive European warlock--only when necessary. But when Sophie attracts too much human attention for a prom-night spell gone horribly wrong, it's her dad who decides her punishment: exile to Hex Hall, an isolated reform school for wayward Prodigium, a.k.a. witches, faeries, and shapeshifters.
By the end of her first day among fellow freak-teens, Sophie has quite a scorecard: three powerful enemies who look like supermodels, a futile crush on a gorgeous warlock, a creepy tagalong ghost, and a new roommate who happens to be the most hated person and only vampire student on campus. Worse, Sophie soon learns that a mysterious predator has been attacking students, and her only friend is the number-one suspect.
As a series of blood-curdling mysteries starts to converge, Sophie prepares for the biggest threat of all: an ancient secret society determined to destroy all Prodigium, especially her.
I'm not sure what I expected when I started reading Hex Hall; but I didn't think I'd love it as much as I did! I couldn't put it down!! (Aside from Twilight and Harry Potter, I have to admit I'm not much into the whole witches and vampires thing - not since my jr high days of being obsessed with "The Craft" movie. )
I loved Sophie, she was so lovable and very easy to empathize with. I loved that she quickly befriended Jenna, the school outcast, and the way she defended her clear to the end.
The paranormal aspect was great too, the idea of a boarding school for Prodigium (Witches, Wares, Fae, the usual paranormal species) and that the Vampires are the outcasts? LOVED IT!!
I have to say that the last half of this book had me on the edge of my seat, with a few large twists that I definitely didn't see coming!! I can't wait to start book #2 (Demonglass) tomorrow! I give Hex Hall 4 1/2 hearts! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 1/2
Currently Reading


Rating System
♥♥♥♥♥ - STOP! Read this now!
♥♥♥♥ - Stay up late and read.
♥♥♥ - Add this to your "TBR" Pile.
♥♥ - Get it from the Library.
♥ - This book just wasn't for me.
♥♥♥♥ - Stay up late and read.
♥♥♥ - Add this to your "TBR" Pile.
♥♥ - Get it from the Library.
♥ - This book just wasn't for me.
Followers
Recent Posts
Recent Posts
Labels
2011
(2)
2012
(1)
Adult
(8)
Anderson
(1)
Blog Tour
(2)
Book Blogger Hop
(12)
Chick Lit
(9)
Christian
(9)
Contemporary
(28)
DAC
(1)
Discussion
(2)
Dystopian
(4)
Fantasy
(10)
Fiction
(9)
Follow Friday
(17)
Giveaway
(5)
Goals
(1)
Historical
(1)
HQN
(5)
In My Mailbox
(22)
Interview
(1)
Library
(1)
Mallery
(4)
Meme
(1)
Memoir
(1)
Middle Grade
(2)
Mystery
(2)
Non-Fiction
(1)
Paranormal
(18)
Personal
(8)
PSA
(1)
QandA
(1)
Read-A-Thon
(2)
Recipe
(1)
Reviews
(74)
Romance
(15)
Sci-Fi
(1)
Series
(10)
Series Review
(2)
Strain
(1)
TBR
(1)
Teaser Tuesday
(19)
Television
(1)
TGIF
(22)
Themes
(1)
Top Ten Tuesday
(13)
Video
(1)
waiting on wednesday
(14)
Wishlist
(19)
WWW Wednesday
(11)
YA
(42)
YA Audio
(1)
Grab My Button
Powered by Blogger.
Archive
-
▼
2011
(185)
-
▼
August
(34)
- Review: What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
- Teaser Tuesday
- Review: Reel Life Starring Us by LisarGreenwald
- In My Mailbox
- On My Wishlist
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- Theme Thursday
- Review: Alison Wonderland by Helen Smith
- Review: Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
- Teaser Tuesday
- Review: Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
- Review: Only Yours by Susan Mallery
- In my Mailbox (3)
- Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- On My Wishlist
- TGIF / Book Blogger Hop
- Slow reading
- Review: Beauty Queens
- Teaser Tuesday
- Interview: Helen Smith author of Alison Wonderland!
- In My Mailbox was started by The Story Siren as ...
- On My Wishlist
- TGIF (3) Blog Hop (2)
- Review: The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King
- WWW Wednesday (And Vacation!)
- Teaser Tuesday {2}
- Review: Escape by Carolyn Jessop
- In My Mailbox (2)
- My Wishlist
- TGIF and Book Blogger Hop!
- Review: A Billion Reasons Why by Kristin Billerbeck
- Review: Smokin' Seventeen (Stephanie Plum #17) by ...
- Teaser Tuesday
- Review: My Girlfriend's Boyfriend by Elodia Strain
-
▼
August
(34)
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I really love this series, can't wait for Spell Bound next year!
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to let you know that I nominated your blog for a Liebster Blog Award! My post is at: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/08/liebster-blog-award.html