Friday, August 26, 2011

TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop

A weekly Meme by GReads!
Friday, August 26th - Book Associations: Which genre, authors, or particular books do you think people associate with your reading style?

This is a tough question because I like to think I'm fairly eclectic and diverse in my reading styles. Lately, I am on a YA kick with a bit of Romance/Chick Lit twisted in. Romance is always my go-to genre. But I suppose this answer varies by who you're asking.

My top 5 favorite books? To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee), Water for Elephants (Sara Gruen), The Stand (Stephen King), Twlight Series (Stephanie Meyer) and Delicious (Susan Mallery)

It's a pretty interesting list, and so I tend to talk about like books with people who would enjoy them. In an attempt to answer this, I asked everyone I talked to tonight what they would say about my reading styles, and here is the results...
My sister: Romance/Chick Lit
My Dad: History, Classics
My Husband: Mystery/Horror/Girlie
My Father in Law: Memoirs and Reflective Literature (whatever that is *lol* His example was Tuesdays with Morrie )
My Best Friend: Whatever is recommended to me, but no specific genre



Follow My Book Blog Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read it's a great way to find other blogs to follow :)

Q. In books like the Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood) series the paranormal creature in question "comes out of the closet" and makes itself known to the world. Which mythical creature do you wish would come out of the closet, for real?
I have thought about this lots, since I read the entire Sookie Series in two weeks time a few months back. I'm into vampires, but only if they look like the Cullen Family  (or Eric Northman!) so I think I'd prefer witches and wizards (a la Hex Hall's Archer or of course Harry Potter)
 

Book Blogger Hop


“Non-book-related this week!! Do you have pets?”
  

I have one pet, (or a second child, depending on how you look at it) a 3 year old cat named Persephone. She is the perfect cat for my family. She loves to curl up on my lap while I read, she's playful and roughhousing with my husband and she'll put up with whatever my three year old daughter sends her way! (Last week, she was stuck in a baby stroller with a bonnet and a blanket and pushed around the house for 30 minutes...)



14 comments:

  1. That is one of the best cat pictures ever! It is so cute in the book case. I agree with you about the wizards, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder how much they would charge for some of their services. Services- Travel, instant-cleaning of house, illusions etc...

    New Follower!
    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by for Follow Friday! Great choice, I never thought of wizards and witches, it'd be awesome to meet some, especially Ron =). Hope you have a great weekend. Ange @ the Moonlight Reader

    My FF: http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday-15.html

    P.S New follower... cute blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your TGIF answer is great! I like that your reading style varies so much and you seem to try a bit of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah wizards and witched from Harry Potter, you cannot go wrong!! <3333 HP:D

    Great pick, new follower:D

    My Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. A best friend who's a wizard could definitely be a garagantuan help...

    PS: I'm a new follower! Please don't be frightened and frivolously check out my Follow Me Friday post . Thanks and farewell!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having wizards around could be really handy. :) It's funny to see how many people have cats. I think most people have a pet of some kind.
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you did a list of what the people in your life read...so cute! And such a variety too, must make for great suggestions.

    P.S. I'm a romance fan too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the thought of the cat in the stroller. It was a guinea pig at our house! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love witches and wizards! Cute blog! New follower :)

    Tia @Falling For Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. That picture is adorable! Witches and Wizards are awesome!

    New follower!

    http://katmuntser-reviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw! that's such an awsome pic (of your kitty). Too cute!
    Trish - My Friday Memes 

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy friday! i follow your blog! :)

    stop by mine, I'm having a giveaway! and you can see my doggies too :)

    -Lindsay

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/ff-giveaway-and-review-of-populazzi-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. NEW FOLLOWER.

    I have NO pets.

    Stop by my blog this weekend for book giveaways and 99 cent E-books...the posts are actually up right now.

    There will be two different posts from two different authors for the giveaways and E-books.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hopping through. I'd love to have a Cullen - but only if I could have Edward or Jasper - and Jasper could control himself.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!

 

Important Dates

Get your own free Blogoversary button!