Monday, August 1, 2011

Review: My Girlfriend's Boyfriend by Elodia Strain

Title: My Girlfriend's Boyfriend
Author: Elodia Strain
Format: Kindle
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Source: Netgalley
Published: August 8, 2011
My Rating:
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 1/2

From Goodreads.com:
Jesse is looking for the "right guy." When she bumps into Ethan, a despairing writer who she inspires, she thinks she's found him. But only moments later she meets Troy, a successful advertising executive who makes almost every moment romantic. Both seem perfect, but things are not always what they seem. My Girlfriend's Boyfriend is a fun romance that blends warm sincerity with fresh storytelling. 

I am guilty of judging a book by it's cover, and the fact that the words "From the Major Motion Picture" are BELOW the title? I'm not big on movie covers for books; and then the idea of the book being written AFTER the movie? I was nervous. 

And I was wrong.

I LOVED THIS BOOK! I read it in one sitting, and then decided to hunt out the movie (of which I plan on watching as soon as I finish writing this review! ) 

From the start, Jesse has a sense of humor and sarcasm had me laughing, including an instance where she asked for reader participation - to fill in the blank! Her character was very realistic and endearing. (And as a Beatles loving, hemp purse carrying, sandal wearing 20-something, I could relate to her easily! My only wish is to have two Mr. Rights chasing after me!) 

For me, the choice between the two love interests, successful hunk Troy and cute boy next door Ethan was an easy one! Although right up until the end, I wasn't sure who Jesse would pick. And the few plot twists at the very end were well executed and definitely not predictable!

I loved the interaction between Jesse and her family - particularly her cousin Laurel! (She was the sister/cousin that I always wanted growing up!) And her brother and Laurel made me feel right at home, as though I was at one of my family dinners!

This book was light hearted and wonderful, with laughs in the right places and a cast of characters that you can't help but love! I give it 4 1/2 hearts! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 1/2

 

1 comment:

  1. This movie was cute, I hope that the book is as good. Thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!

 

Important Dates

Get your own free Blogoversary button!