Friday, August 19, 2011

TGIF / Book Blogger Hop

 It's Friday!! And it's already off to a great day! My three year old slept later than she's EVER slept! My kid sister is coming for a visit! And I'm almost finished reading Anna and the French Kiss! (LOVE IT!)

This week on For Love and Books!
Slow reading
Review: Beauty Queens
Teaser Tuesday
Interview: Helen Smith author of Allison Wonderland
In My Mailbox
On My Wishlist



A weekly Meme by GReads!


The Reviews We Don't Write: 
Have you ever read a book and not wanted to review it? Are some books too personal that we want to keep our thoughts our own?

While I'm new at this book blogger thing, I am not by any means new to reviewing! I've been writing reviews at Amazon for a long time, as well as on my personal journal. (I just like to remember when I love a book, and why I loved it!)

That said? There are definitely some books/series that I can't bring myself to review. Typically because I just love the book way too much to do it justice.  

I just went back and looked at my personal journal, the spot next to my all time favorite book? A heart. there was nothing more, nothing less. Just a small scribbled heart.




Book Blogger Hop

“What’s the LONGEST book you’ve ever read?” 

This was an easy answer for me!

My true love for reading began with "The Stand"! I was 16, and my boyfriend (now husband) was hooked on Stephen King movies. In an attempt to impress him, I went to the bookstore and grabbed the biggest, thickest King Novel I could find! 

I sat down to start the book (I assumed it would be easier to fake my love for Stephen Kings books if I could legitimately put a bookmark a ways into the book!) I devoured it. I read the entire book that weekend, and haven't looked back. It remains my favorite King Novel (and I've read many since, including my most recent finish "The Wastelands" )  

Since that weekend, I have re-read the Stand twice, and while my usual reads are Romance (and more recently YA Fiction) I remain a dedicated King fan, no one can create a world like he can.

8 comments:

  1. There have been a few Kings so far. Mine was Gone with the Wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephan King writes long book. I wasn't aware. I never read any of his books. I kind of feel bad now ;)

    I’m a new follower
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I love your story. Sometimes we do crazy things to impress a guy, right?! But in your case it turned out fine :)

    Here is my post for the Book Blogger Hop if you want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read a Stephen King book, but they must all be pretty long because I've seen him a few times today. :) I love that your first read of his is still your favorite.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard good things about his books, but never read them!!! I do know they are long books though! Although Tom Clancy is the one that I have read from that has long books as well! Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They sound like interesting books, have a happy Friday!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/08/book-blogger-hop_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agree with you some books i love too much to even explain why i do lol thanks for sharing


    http://melissa-justoneopinion.blogspot.com/2011/08/tgif-3.html#links

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Stand is very popular this week. The longest books I've read is are classics. Please come see which ones I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!

 

Important Dates

Get your own free Blogoversary button!