Monday, November 28, 2011

Review: Liar's Guide to True Love by Wendy Chen

Title:
Author:   
Format: Kindle
Genre: Contemporary Chick-Lit
Source: Netgalley
Published:  
November 28th 2011 by Carina Press                     
My Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥
♥

From Goodreads.com


Wedding planner Cassandra Hanley is in the business of making other people's dreams come true. But for some reason, whenever she meets a potential mate of her own, she finds herself telling little (and not so little) white lies. She's not trying to sabotage her relationships on purpose: as a people pleaser, she just naturally tells men what she thinks they want to hear. 


When Cassandra meets Nick, she's determined to be herself this time—until she learns he abhors weddings. So she recasts herself as an advertising exec, and now she's scrambling to cover up the lie...with more lies.

Into the tangled web wanders Cassandra's college sweetheart, Kevin. Kevin, the one man who knows the real Cassandra, and loves her anyway. Could he have been The One all along?

Torn between the past and the present, Cassandra is about to learn that you can't plan the perfect life the way you can plan the perfect wedding.

Liar's Guide to True Love was everything I'd hoped it would be and more! I was looking for a fluffy, chick-lit/romantic read and I got that! Wendy Chen's debut novel starts out a bit slow, taking two or three chapters to really get going. But once it does, you are in for a fun ride!

As much as I loved the romantic aspect of this, Cass's choice between history and the hot new guy, I also loved how well we get to know her family and friends. Her relationship with her mother is  very realistic, as is the plotline that involves her younger sister and brother in law. 

One part I loved the most about this book though? The wedding planning aspect! Perhaps because I began my internet love affair with a wedding planning message board, but no matter what the reason? It was fun to watch several weddings and their planning! 


Was this book a bit predictable? Yes. Was I frustrated with Cass and the fact that she lied about her job? Yes. But, in the end? It was a great ride and ending definitely left this open for a sequel! I look forward to reading more from Wendy Chen in the future! And if you are looking for a good, quick, fluffy read? Grab The Liar's Guide to true Love!

1 comment:

  1. Awww This sounds really cute! I definitely want to pick this one up! Great review.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!

 

Important Dates

Get your own free Blogoversary button!