Author: Stephenie Meyer
Format: Kindle
Genre: Paranormal / YA
Source: personal copy
Published: April 12th 2011 by Little, Brown Young Readers
My Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ 1/2
From Goodreads.com
Fans of the #1 New York Times bestselling Twilight Saga will treasure this definitive official guide!
This must-have hardcover edition--the only official guide--is the definitive encyclopedic reference to the Twilight Saga and provides readers with everything they need to further explore the unforgettable world Stephenie Meyer created in Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. With exclusive new material, character profiles, genealogical charts, maps, extensive cross-references, and much more, this comprehensive handbook is essential for every Twilight Saga fan.
Before I start my review; I have to admit that I skimmed a good portion of this book. I didn't really care to read beyond the basic description of many of the lesser important tribes. (The only Character Profiles I read in depth were The Cullens, The Volturi, and the Wolf Pack. The rest I mostly skimmed.) I also need to admit that I was *NOT* among those burned while waiting YEARS for pre-orders, so that didn't skew my review and enjoyment either.
The book starts out with a personal interview with Stephanie Meyer, which I LOVED hearing more in depth on the stuff I already knew.
Then we move on to the character profiles (which I already mentioned). It was nice to get more backstory on many of the characters, and fascinating to see just how Stephanie sees them and how she knows so much about them.
I was a slight bit disappointed in Alice's bio. Sure, I loved learning more about her, but I had always been under the impression that she remembered very little about her life pre-vampire, so I just assumed that Stephanie knew very little as well. So to me, that was disappointing, although as I write that out for this review it seems a bit silly. *lol*
All in all? I am glad I read this in anticipation for Friday's Theater release of Breaking Dawn! (Which I WILL be at!)
Currently Reading


Rating System
♥♥♥♥♥ - STOP! Read this now!
♥♥♥♥ - Stay up late and read.
♥♥♥ - Add this to your "TBR" Pile.
♥♥ - Get it from the Library.
♥ - This book just wasn't for me.
♥♥♥♥ - Stay up late and read.
♥♥♥ - Add this to your "TBR" Pile.
♥♥ - Get it from the Library.
♥ - This book just wasn't for me.
Followers
Recent Posts
Recent Posts
Labels
2011
(2)
2012
(1)
Adult
(8)
Anderson
(1)
Blog Tour
(2)
Book Blogger Hop
(12)
Chick Lit
(9)
Christian
(9)
Contemporary
(28)
DAC
(1)
Discussion
(2)
Dystopian
(4)
Fantasy
(10)
Fiction
(9)
Follow Friday
(17)
Giveaway
(5)
Goals
(1)
Historical
(1)
HQN
(5)
In My Mailbox
(22)
Interview
(1)
Library
(1)
Mallery
(4)
Meme
(1)
Memoir
(1)
Middle Grade
(2)
Mystery
(2)
Non-Fiction
(1)
Paranormal
(18)
Personal
(8)
PSA
(1)
QandA
(1)
Read-A-Thon
(2)
Recipe
(1)
Reviews
(74)
Romance
(15)
Sci-Fi
(1)
Series
(10)
Series Review
(2)
Strain
(1)
TBR
(1)
Teaser Tuesday
(19)
Television
(1)
TGIF
(22)
Themes
(1)
Top Ten Tuesday
(13)
Video
(1)
waiting on wednesday
(14)
Wishlist
(19)
WWW Wednesday
(11)
YA
(42)
YA Audio
(1)
Grab My Button
Powered by Blogger.
Archive
-
▼
2011
(185)
-
▼
November
(32)
- Review: Liar's Guide to True Love by Wendy Chen
- In My Mailbox
- Review:
- TGIF / Follow Friday
- The Ghost of Thanksgiving Past
- Review: Faking Faith by Josie Bloss
- WWW / Waiting on Wednesday
- Teaser / Top Ten Tuesday
- Review: Song of Susannah by Stephen King
- In My Mailbox
- On My Wishlist
- Review: The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrate...
- WWW / Waiting on Wednesday
- Teaser / Top Ten Tuesday
- Review: Tempting by Susan Mallery
- In My Mailbox
- Review: A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- On My Wishlist
- Q&A With Kristan Higgins! (And a Giveaway!)
- Review: Until There Was You by Kristan Higgins
- TGIF / Follow Friday
- WWW / Waiting on Wednesday
- Teaser / Top Ten Tuesday
- Review: Eve by Anna Carey
- In My Mailbox
- On My Wishlist
- Blog Tour: Laurel Dewey : PROMISSORY PAYBACK and U...
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- Review: A Stranger's Gift by Anna Schmidt
- Review: The Whole Package by Cynthia Ellingsen
- Waiting on Wednesday
- Bonus Day!
-
▼
November
(32)
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Review: The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide by Stephenie Meyer
Labels:
Paranormal,
Reviews,
YA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Was the illustration movie clip pieces or original art work? I think it would have been awesome sauce if something like that was open to fan art of the characters.
ReplyDeleteBeth ^_^
http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/