Author: Susan Mallery
Format: paperback
Genre: Contemporary Romance, HQN
Source: personal copy
Published: January 21st 2010 by HQN Books
My Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
From Goodreads.com
After three romantic flame-outs in a year and a restaurant career going nowhere, Dani Buchanan needs a fresh start. She goes looking for her biological father, but never expects to find a senator running for president. As his long-lost "love child," Dani could seriously derail the election-- something his handsome campaign manager Alex Canfield isn't going to let happen. Dani isn't about to let Alex run her life, no matter how tempting she finds him--and Alex isn't going to allow Dani to melt his cynicism, no matter how close he has to get. The last thing either of them wants is love, especially with scandals brewing and family trouble on the way. But Dani and Alex are forced to trust each other, and when trust turns to passion, the potential for disaster is only a tabloid scandal away.
Susan Mallery is my go-to for contemporary romance novels! I adore her writing, and have yet to meet a character/story I don't just adore! The Buchanan's have earned a special place in my heart now that I've finished this series!
I have loved following Dani through the series, and was excited to see her storyline wrap up! I'm so glad that she found her biological father, although I have to admit that I was disappointed with him as a whole. But his family? I loved them all, and was so glad that they embraced Dani so fully.
I also have to say that I loved Gloria in this, I loved that she pushed Dani to be a better person, and that her turn around has come full circle.
I do have to say that I was a bit disappointed in a few things. First and foremost, the lack of Buchanan interaction! (Come on, we didn't even really get to "see" Walker!!) I thought the other three books had done so much to intertwine the family, and this one just left them hanging. I also didn't care for Alex being Dani's brother, even if it was only by adoption... That was a bit too close for comfort for my liking.
In the end? I loved Tempting, although I really felt like it was it's own book and not so much part of the Buchanan series.
Currently Reading


Rating System
♥♥♥♥♥ - STOP! Read this now!
♥♥♥♥ - Stay up late and read.
♥♥♥ - Add this to your "TBR" Pile.
♥♥ - Get it from the Library.
♥ - This book just wasn't for me.
♥♥♥♥ - Stay up late and read.
♥♥♥ - Add this to your "TBR" Pile.
♥♥ - Get it from the Library.
♥ - This book just wasn't for me.
Followers
Recent Posts
Recent Posts
Labels
2011
(2)
2012
(1)
Adult
(8)
Anderson
(1)
Blog Tour
(2)
Book Blogger Hop
(12)
Chick Lit
(9)
Christian
(9)
Contemporary
(28)
DAC
(1)
Discussion
(2)
Dystopian
(4)
Fantasy
(10)
Fiction
(9)
Follow Friday
(17)
Giveaway
(5)
Goals
(1)
Historical
(1)
HQN
(5)
In My Mailbox
(22)
Interview
(1)
Library
(1)
Mallery
(4)
Meme
(1)
Memoir
(1)
Middle Grade
(2)
Mystery
(2)
Non-Fiction
(1)
Paranormal
(18)
Personal
(8)
PSA
(1)
QandA
(1)
Read-A-Thon
(2)
Recipe
(1)
Reviews
(74)
Romance
(15)
Sci-Fi
(1)
Series
(10)
Series Review
(2)
Strain
(1)
TBR
(1)
Teaser Tuesday
(19)
Television
(1)
TGIF
(22)
Themes
(1)
Top Ten Tuesday
(13)
Video
(1)
waiting on wednesday
(14)
Wishlist
(19)
WWW Wednesday
(11)
YA
(42)
YA Audio
(1)
Grab My Button
Powered by Blogger.
Archive
-
▼
2011
(185)
-
▼
November
(32)
- Review: Liar's Guide to True Love by Wendy Chen
- In My Mailbox
- Review:
- TGIF / Follow Friday
- The Ghost of Thanksgiving Past
- Review: Faking Faith by Josie Bloss
- WWW / Waiting on Wednesday
- Teaser / Top Ten Tuesday
- Review: Song of Susannah by Stephen King
- In My Mailbox
- On My Wishlist
- Review: The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrate...
- WWW / Waiting on Wednesday
- Teaser / Top Ten Tuesday
- Review: Tempting by Susan Mallery
- In My Mailbox
- Review: A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- On My Wishlist
- Q&A With Kristan Higgins! (And a Giveaway!)
- Review: Until There Was You by Kristan Higgins
- TGIF / Follow Friday
- WWW / Waiting on Wednesday
- Teaser / Top Ten Tuesday
- Review: Eve by Anna Carey
- In My Mailbox
- On My Wishlist
- Blog Tour: Laurel Dewey : PROMISSORY PAYBACK and U...
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- Review: A Stranger's Gift by Anna Schmidt
- Review: The Whole Package by Cynthia Ellingsen
- Waiting on Wednesday
- Bonus Day!
-
▼
November
(32)
Monday, November 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!