Title: Until There Was You
Author: Kristan Higgins
Format: Ebook
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Source: Netgalley
Published: October 25th 2011 by HQN Books
My Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
From Goodreads
Posey Osterhagen can't complain. She owns a successful architectural salvaging company, she's surrounded by her lovable, if off-center, family and she has a boyfriend—sort of. Still, something's missing. Something tall, brooding and criminally good-looking…something like Liam Murphy.
When Posey was sixteen, the bad boy of Bellsford, New Hampshire, broke her heart. But now he's back, sending Posey's traitorous schoolgirl heart into overdrive once again. She should be giving him a wide berth, but it seems fate has other ideas….
I absolutely adore Kristan Higgins, and I am always anxious for a new book of hers! Until There Was You was no different, and I wasn't disappointed! I absolutely adored this book! (So much that I'm thrilled to be able to give away a copy -- Click HERE for info on that!)
This book centers around one of my FAVORITE romantic plots - Girl meets boy from high school, Girl falls in love all over again, Girl gets boy from high school and lives happily ever after!
Posey was in love with Liam in high school, but Liam barely knew who she was. (Despite the incredibly cute way that he is the ONLY person to call her by her given name.) Now Liam is a widower with a teenage daughter, returning to town so that Nichole can be close to her maternal grandparents.
I cannot rave enough about how much I loved all of the characters in this story! Posey's family was fabulous - including (or maybe I should say especially) her brother's husband - Jon! I just loved the storyline involving a Single's Cooking Class! (Yes, you should read it just based on this!) Posey's family and friends are GREAT! They really hold this story up, and I was just as sad to leave them as I was Posey and Liam.
And, as always with Kristan Higgins' books, the places were as great as the people. Posey's family owns a restaurant, which I am dying to eat at! And she lives in a church! (Again, how awesome?)
I have to say? The one thing that bugged me and kept me from giving this book five hearts was Liam. While I loved him, and I loved him and Posey together? He did some pretty crappy things to her, mostly in the past. But that combined with his OCD just gave it a slight hitch for me. There were times when I was angry at Posey for being so in love with such a jerk. But then? He'd redeem himself and prove what a great guy he really is.
I absolutely loved Until There Was You, and I give Kristan Higgins 4 hearts!
Currently Reading


Rating System
♥♥♥♥♥ - STOP! Read this now!
♥♥♥♥ - Stay up late and read.
♥♥♥ - Add this to your "TBR" Pile.
♥♥ - Get it from the Library.
♥ - This book just wasn't for me.
♥♥♥♥ - Stay up late and read.
♥♥♥ - Add this to your "TBR" Pile.
♥♥ - Get it from the Library.
♥ - This book just wasn't for me.
Followers
Recent Posts
Recent Posts
Labels
2011
(2)
2012
(1)
Adult
(8)
Anderson
(1)
Blog Tour
(2)
Book Blogger Hop
(12)
Chick Lit
(9)
Christian
(9)
Contemporary
(28)
DAC
(1)
Discussion
(2)
Dystopian
(4)
Fantasy
(10)
Fiction
(9)
Follow Friday
(17)
Giveaway
(5)
Goals
(1)
Historical
(1)
HQN
(5)
In My Mailbox
(22)
Interview
(1)
Library
(1)
Mallery
(4)
Meme
(1)
Memoir
(1)
Middle Grade
(2)
Mystery
(2)
Non-Fiction
(1)
Paranormal
(18)
Personal
(8)
PSA
(1)
QandA
(1)
Read-A-Thon
(2)
Recipe
(1)
Reviews
(74)
Romance
(15)
Sci-Fi
(1)
Series
(10)
Series Review
(2)
Strain
(1)
TBR
(1)
Teaser Tuesday
(19)
Television
(1)
TGIF
(22)
Themes
(1)
Top Ten Tuesday
(13)
Video
(1)
waiting on wednesday
(14)
Wishlist
(19)
WWW Wednesday
(11)
YA
(42)
YA Audio
(1)
Grab My Button
Powered by Blogger.
Archive
-
▼
2011
(185)
-
▼
November
(32)
- Review: Liar's Guide to True Love by Wendy Chen
- In My Mailbox
- Review:
- TGIF / Follow Friday
- The Ghost of Thanksgiving Past
- Review: Faking Faith by Josie Bloss
- WWW / Waiting on Wednesday
- Teaser / Top Ten Tuesday
- Review: Song of Susannah by Stephen King
- In My Mailbox
- On My Wishlist
- Review: The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrate...
- WWW / Waiting on Wednesday
- Teaser / Top Ten Tuesday
- Review: Tempting by Susan Mallery
- In My Mailbox
- Review: A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- On My Wishlist
- Q&A With Kristan Higgins! (And a Giveaway!)
- Review: Until There Was You by Kristan Higgins
- TGIF / Follow Friday
- WWW / Waiting on Wednesday
- Teaser / Top Ten Tuesday
- Review: Eve by Anna Carey
- In My Mailbox
- On My Wishlist
- Blog Tour: Laurel Dewey : PROMISSORY PAYBACK and U...
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- Review: A Stranger's Gift by Anna Schmidt
- Review: The Whole Package by Cynthia Ellingsen
- Waiting on Wednesday
- Bonus Day!
-
▼
November
(32)
Friday, November 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!