Thursday, December 22, 2011

Giveaway: Hannah Swensen Christmas Cookies! (25 Days of Jubilation!)

I am participating in the 25 days of Jubilation!! A giveaway everyday from Dec 1 - Dec 25!
Hosted By
Cyndi at Dog-Eared & Bookmarked
Jacinda at The Reading Housewives
Yani at The Secret Life of an Avid Reader

For a list of the other blogs involved with giveaways - and to enter the HUGE giveaway the hosts are sponsoring - click here! (They are giving away a Kindle!!!)


One of my favorite series is the Hannah Swensen Mysteries by Joanne Fluke! While some series get tiresome after fourteen books, Hannah Swensen has not! (Nor have her recipes, which I promptly bake upon finishing a book!)

Today - before I announce my giveaway, I'm going to share with you (my modified version) of one of the recipes in the Plum Pudding Murder! (I had a Food Network-esque video, but I left for my Christmas Ski Trip before I was able to upload -- but my family is enjoying these cookies on our vacation!)

Christmas Lace Cookies

Ingredients
1 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats (Old Fashioned Oatmeal - NOT Quick Cook)
1 Stick Melted Butter
1/2 Cup Granulalted Sugar
1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon Flour
Pinch Salt
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 Egg (whipped with a fork before added)
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips*

(I also sometimes do 1/4 Cup Chocolate, 1/4 Butterscotch or Peanut Butter)

Directions:
Place oatmeal in a medium bowl, pour melted butter over and mix thoroughly.
In a seperate (smaller) bowl, combine sugar, baking powder, flour and salt.
Add this mixture to the oatmeal and mix thoroughly. Mix in the Vanilla and beaten egg. Be sure to stir well. Add the Chocolate Chips and stir until combined.

Line a cookie sheet with foil (Helps the clean up!) and drop rounded balls (two teaspoons worth) onto the cookie sheet. DO NOT crowd these cookies -- I only do six to eight per sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Let them cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then finish cooling on a wire rack. Store in a cool, dry, sealed container.

Now for the giveaway!! This one is open internationally! I am giving away your choice of TWO of the Hannah Swensen books! (For a full list, see the Hannah Swensen Goodreads page!) All you have to do is fill out the Rafflecopter below!

I will email the winner on Jan 1, 2012 and you will have 48 hours to respond and tell me which two books you'd like!


a Rafflecopter giveaway

13 comments:

  1. I love ginger and cinnamon cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favourite christmas cookie (well it's not really a cookie) is the mandel-weckmann - a german treat only available during christmas time :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite christmas food is " la bûche de noël" made in icecream
    ( only found during christmas and typical from my country)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mexican wedding cookies and iced sugar cookies for Christmas. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom's dressing. Mmmmm.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fav is snickerdoodles. And I love turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce sandwiches. YUM

    ReplyDelete
  7. My fave CHristmas food...gingerbread cookies! I eat tons of them :)

    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure whether it's a Christmas dish but I love pecan pie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favourite christmas dessert is chocolate baclava :D Thanks for the giveaway! I've always wanted to try the series :) Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite christmas food are gingerbread cookies and chocolate chip cookies (though I eat this throughout the year) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite is gingerbread cookies :DD Its very traditional and yummy :)
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!

 

Important Dates

Get your own free Blogoversary button!