Thursday, December 8, 2011

Review: Touch by Jus Accardo

Title: Touch
Author:
Format: Kindle
Genre: Paranormal, YA,
Source:  Personal
Published:  
November 1st 2011 by Entangled Publishing
      
My Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ 
♥
1/2
 
From Goodreads.com
When a strange boy tumbles down a river embankment and lands at her feet, seventeen-year-old adrenaline junkie Deznee Cross snatches the opportunity to piss off her father by bringing the mysterious hottie with ice blue eyes home.

Except there’s something off with Kale. He wears her shoes in the shower, is overly fascinated with things like DVDs and vases, and acts like she’ll turn to dust if he touches her. It’s not until Dez’s father shows up, wielding a gun and knowing more about Kale than he should, that Dez realizes there’s more to this boy—and her father’s “law firm”—than she realized.

Kale has been a prisoner of Denazen Corporation—an organization devoted to collecting “special” kids known as Sixes and using them as weapons—his entire life. And, oh yeah, his touch? It kills. The two team up with a group of rogue Sixes hellbent on taking down Denazen before they’re caught and her father discovers the biggest secret of all. A secret Dez has spent her life keeping safe.

A secret Kale will kill to protect.



I'm not sure what I was expecting when I picked up Touch, but I know I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I did. 
Jus Accardo threw everything I love in a book, into this one neat little package! Hot guy? Check. Romance? Check. Snarky Teen Girl? Check. Action? Double Check! (Toss in an evil corporation, supernatural twists and turns and a dead mother? You've got an awesome book!) 
I was laughing by page two, out loud and often. And yes, despite being nearly 30? I asked my Dad if he has connections to some crazy supernatural wielding mob. Unfortunately, he said no. Not going to lie, that was a bit of a let down. 
Back to the book. Kale was great, he was hot and had a naive innocence that you can't help but love. (And his ice blue eyes? I know he wasn't blond, but in my mind he looks a lot like Kimi Raikkonen, who totally stole my heart with his eyes.) 
I do have to say, Dez got to me a bit - especially the whole running away with the guy who tries to kill you bit! (Since it happens in the first chapter, I'm not counting it as a spoiler...)  But her snarky attitude made me love her. I love when I can totally picture the teenage me in a character. 
As I neared the end of this book, I was both in awe of the way that Jus Accardo tied everything together and kept all the twists and turns straight! (And trust me, there were more loops in this than any roller coaster I've ridden!) With only 20 pages left, I worried that there would be some huge cliffhanger that would leave me waiting for the next installment of this series! Luckily? It wrapped itself up nicely, all the while leaving me anxious for more.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I love this book. Glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read Touch so bad! After reading your review I want to read it even more:) Love your description of the characters. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read this book! I've seen great reviews about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realllyy want to read this books! I have heard many good things about it, and im glad you liked it too! lol icey blue eyes xD Isnt the guy in the pic a bit toooo old? :P Great Review!

    Farah @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!

 

Important Dates

Get your own free Blogoversary button!