Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Review: Saving June by Hannah Harrington

Format: Kindle
Genre: Contemporary, YA,
Source:  Netgalley
Published:  
November 22nd 2011 by Harlequin          
My Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ 
♥

 
From Goodreads.com
 
 When her older sister commits suicide and her divorcing parents decide to divide the ashes, Harper Scott takes her sister's urn to the one place June always wanted to go: California. On the road with her best friend, plus an intriguing guy with a mysterious connection to June, Harper discovers truths about her sister, herself and life.
This story is a touching and realistic journey of a young girl coming to terms with her grief while carrying out what she thinks would have been her sisters last wishes.

I absolutely loved Harper, and I found myself relating well to Laney, her best friend. And the mysterious Jake? I loved him, van and all!

This is the ultimate road trip story, which I loved. Unfortunately, as I said, I didn't feel that Harper's grief was realistic. But, I give it the benefit of the doubt, as I kept comparing to my own personal experiences.

I absolutely loved the idea of Saving June, unfortunately it took me to nearly the halfway point to really get into the book. I think I can blame that on my own life experiences, having had a good friend whose younger sibling committed suicide when we were just out of high school.

I also feel that I can't give this review a full and honest review without touching on the musical aspect. I LOVED the role that music payed in Harper's grieving. I don't want to say much, because I want the discovery of this to have a similar effect on you!

Overall, I really enjoyed Saving June and would recommend it to anyone who loves a good story of self discovery with a side of music and road tripping!

3 comments:

  1. I am feeling so sad after reading that post because i was not in that condition to hear that kind of news in fact i was searching for Christmas related stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a very touching story, and very interesting too! Thanks for sharing - I'm glad I stumbled across your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this book! I got it in the mail yesterday and I'm dying to get started soon :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!

 

Important Dates

Get your own free Blogoversary button!