"You can change history, Jake. Do you understand that? John Kennedy can live."
and
What happen was like a horra movie. I never go see horra movies because on Halloween night in1958I lived thru one.
Two quick Teasers from the first 100 pages of 11/22/63 by Stephen King!
Brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish
December 6: Top Ten Childhood Faves (This is the first TTT we did so I apologize for the handful of you who have already done it!)
In no particular order...
1. Baby Sitters Club. Who didn't love the Baby Sitter's Club?? The summer after fourth grade I checked out the majority of the available books from the library and read every single one.
2. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain. This is still one of my absolute favorite books and I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to enjoy it.
3. Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger, #1) by V.C. Andrews . I know most everyone my age read this book, and I know most parents didn't like it. (I don't think mine had a clue!) But really? It was one of those books that turned me into a reader.
4. Remember Me (Remember Me, #1) by Christopher Pike. I still have a copy of this on my book shelf! The first book I ever re-read.
5. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis . I'm fairly certain at this point, the whole list is a cliche. But I think most "kids" my age got hooked on the same books...
6. Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein . I always looked forward to reading these books in school. Every year we had a week where the librarian read this (And the Light in the Attic) to everyone in school
7. Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator by Roald Dahl. While all my friends loved Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? I was more enamoured with the Great Glass Elevator! It's my favorite of Dahl's books; although I have never read one I didn't just love.
8. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein. This one is more for sentamental reasons than because I loved it... The summer camp I attended from 1987-2003 (as child and as staff) read this yearly at our "all camp vespers" night.
9.Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry. Again, I think this was requisite reading for girls my age, wasn't it?? ''
10. Mr. Bell's Fixit Shop by Ronne Peltzman, Ronne Randall, Aurelius Battaglia.This was my very first favorite book!! A little golden book that I made my parents read nightly and had memorized before I was 3...








First~great teaser!
ReplyDeleteCheck out my teaser!
http://somelikeitparanormall.blogspot.com/2011/12/tt-1.html
Second~You are the first person I have found who also loved Flowers in the Attic as a kid! LOL That was my favorite series when I was young. My mom did know but didn't care that I read it. I was always a mature advanced reader. But that series definitely got me into reading too.
Excellent teaser!
ReplyDeleteHere’s my Teaser Tuesday post. :)
Hmm interesting teasers! When i think of Stephen King i think of terrifying clowns lol, this actually sounds intriguing! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHere's my TT:
http://ttoria.blogspot.com
TToria
xo
Great teaser! I'd love to read this book! :D
ReplyDeleteHere's my teaser
Vicky
Books, Biscuits & Tea
Great list! I wonder how many people became big readers because of the Babysitters Club books?!
ReplyDeleteHere's my Top Ten!
Really great teaser. Here's my TT
ReplyDeleteI used to love Christopher Pike he's on my list too and so is Flowers in the Attic hehe. Here's my Top Ten
Excellent choices - we share a favorite!
ReplyDeleteHere’s my Top Ten Tuesday post. :)
I loved the BSC - I collected most of the books over the years! And I love Shel Silverstein and Roald Dahl too :)
ReplyDeleteA great teaser.
ReplyDeletehttp://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday.html
I read a lot of Babysitter Club books in primary school but I didn't like them much, there just wasn't a lot of choice in my school library, sadly. They were okay but I couldn't relate to them or their lives.
ReplyDeleteI've never even heard of Misty of Chincoteague! Quite a few here that I'm not familiar with.
Here's my list.
I love your list! Roald Dahl, C.S. Lewis, and Marguerite Henry would all be on mine. (My favorite of Henry's was "Brighty of the Grand Canyon," though I liked "Misty," too).
ReplyDelete