Monday, November 21, 2011

Teaser / Top Ten Tuesday

 Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!(Just remember, NO SPOILERS!!)

Faking Faith by Josie Bloss

Rage began to bloom in my chest. A rage like I hadn't felt since I came upon Blake and Caitlin Merriweather propped up against his car. My internal Faith-censor went straight out the window and flew ten miles across the cornfields and exploded in the sky.


Page 124






Brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Authors I'd Love To Have At My Thanksgiving Feast
 Oh my gosh!! This is such a fun question, and my answers are in absolutely random order!

1. Susan Mallery. I would love to have her for so many reasons! I think she is genuinely a wonderful person; she is my go-to for feel-good Romance novels. And I always love chatting with her on twitter, she just seem so appreciative of her fans.

2. Stephen King. Again, I am a huge Stephen King fan. But honestly? I would love to have him at my table because I can only imagine the fabulous conversations he would have with my Dad (who I will be sharing Thanksgiving with this year.) 

3. Joanne Fluke. Plain and simple, she can bring the dessert. (Seriously, have you read the Hannah Swensen books?? The recipes are DELICIOUS!)

4. Stephanie Perkins. I think she would be the life of the party!

5. Rachel Hawkins. For several reasons, most importantly? I will feed her my yummy Pumpkin Pie and she will be so thankful that she will answer the cliff hanger from Demon Glass!!

6. Sarah Dessen. Because I'm a major Fan Girl!

7. Ellen Degeneres. Hey; this counts because she's written several memoirs. (Ok; so she probably had a ghost writer. But still. Who wouldn't want Ellen over for Thanksgiving?

8. Kathleen Flinn. Ok, I'll be honest. I want her to COOK the Thanksgiving dinner! ( and .)

9. Richelle Mead. This is another purely for the fan girl in me.

10. Mark Twain. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer is my favorite book. Ever.  (Of course, I would prefer a living version; so with time travel not being in existence? Well, this will just have to be a fantasy!)

(Now; on a different note? I sort of wish this question had been "What Characters" because that list would have been EASY PEASY!! )


18 comments:

  1. Stephanie Perkins would be awesome. I'd bring Meg Cabot along too. She's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the imagery of that teaser! The book looks pretty good, and it might end up on my TBR pile Shame, shame for adding to my ever growing pile!! ^___~

    Here's mine: http://sinnfulbooks.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday_21.html

    sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Stephanie Perkins!!! I had her on my list too, she seems like such a sweetheart.

    Here's my list! http://booknerdreviews.com/2011/11/top-ten-tuesday-5/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser!
    Here’s my Teaser Tuesday post. :)

    My Top Ten post is the one directly before that. I've only heard of a few of your choices... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like about the faith censor leaving--interesting description!

    Out of your top 10 authors, I'm only familiar with Stephen King (who I wouldn't invite) and Mark Twain. Mark Twain is a great choice, except for the fact he's dead. Have you read his autobiography? It's really thick but I'm still considering it.


    Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/11/tuesday-teasers-dear-bully-and-mudbound.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh Mark Twain! Awesome choice!
    Happy Tuesday!
    http://butterybooks.com/?p=44634

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very dramatic teaser! Now I'm curious about this one....

    Here's
    MY TT POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another Stephen King fan! I'm actually surprised at how many people want him at thier Thanksgiving...he is kinda...creepy lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. great teaser :-)
    Here's mine:
    http://ttoria.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesdays.html

    Following too.

    TToria
    xo
    http://ttoria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Richelle Mead so much as well :) She is just awesome :)
    Nice pick!

    nea barabea
    [My Life Is a Fairytale That Will Never End.]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser and list! I have Joanne Fluke on my list too. Her cookie recipes are to die for (especially the chocolate chip crunchies!)

    My teaser is here and my top ten is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teaser, we have some of the same top ten also. Here's my TT. Here's my Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome teaser! I'm really looking forward to reading this one :) Great list of authors too! I heart Stephanie Perkins is AWESOME!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  14. Intriguing teaser!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe I totally forgot about one of my favorite authors, Mark Twain, in my list! And yes, of course Stephen King, and Ellen Degeneres was a good idea. There would be tons of laughs with her! :)

    Here's my Top Ten: http://palmtreesbarefeet.wordpress.com/2011/11/22/top-ten-tuesday-authors-i-want-at-my-thanksgiving-dinner/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great teaser! I'll have to check this out on GR, find out why she's so upset!

    Teaser Tuesday @ Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha good call on Ellen! I had a few comediennes on mine too, so why not? :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Michele | Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!

 

Important Dates

Get your own free Blogoversary button!