Thursday, November 24, 2011

TGIF / Follow Friday

A weekly Meme by GReads!
 
Friday, Nov. 25th - When You're Not Reading: What occupies your time when your nose isn't stuck in a book?

I could answer a dozen things...
First and foremost? When I'm not reading (and even when I am) I am a mommy to this awesome three year old!  

Her Daddy (my husband) is a truck driver and he's gone for six weeks at a time; so for the most part I am a single parent. Which has it's ups and downs... (Ask me midway through the six weeks and I'll tell you a different story than I will the day before he leaves to hit the road!) 

Really, she keeps me pretty busy. We do preschool at home, we go to story time at the local library and regular playdates. In the summer we're doing something almost every day.

We live in Southern Colorado (in the shadow of Pikes Peak!) and so I love to spend as much time as I can in the moutains. We hike, walk, drive - however I can get time in!! 

And I ALWAYS have my camera with me. I'm kind of a nut that way. And I love taking photos - I have since I got my first SLR (non-digital) for Christmas when I was 15! 

I may live in Colorado now, but I was born and raised in Nebraska. Along with that? It's a requisite that I am a Husker Football fan! 

(I also follow the Red Sox and my kid sisters small state college football team fairly closely.)


Follow Friday is brought to you byParajunkee's Review and Allison Can Read! (Check them both out, you won't regret it!)

Question: It's Thanksgiving Day in the U.S. so we want to know what you are Thankful for - blogging related of course! Who has helped you out along the way? What books are you thankful for reading?

Ooo! Good question!

Bloggers who have helped me? (Or inspired me as it may be...) Since I haven't been around the bookish community for too long; it's not as long as some lists will probably be. 

Cyndi at Dog-Eared and Bookmarked 
Jess at Gone With The Words
Ginger at GReads!

The Baby Sitter's Club by .  Dirty little secret time. I read EVERY book that was published up until my Junior year in high school. Yes, I started in grade school; but I kept reading until my Jr year...

The Stand by . To be honest this was one of the first ways I really bonded with my husband when we were dating - we'd both been big fans of his movies, and I'd red the book but he hadn't. We spent a LOT of time talking about the book as he read it.

The Twilight Saga by

19 comments:

  1. Great response and I hope you had a happy thanksgiving!

    Check out my follow Friday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/11/follow-friday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy FF! I'm excited to check out your blog! =) I have a younger sister who's husband travels half the year--I salute you! I know how hard that can be. AND you keep up with a book blog. Very impressive. =) And good job for being such a die hard babysitter's club fan! I also loved those books--I should have been more devoted. =) You can find me at epiBloguer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge Twilight fan and I used to love The Baby-Sitters Club, new follower, here's mine
    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/11/feature-and-follow-friday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squee! The Babysitter's Club! I seriously think I read every single one of those as a kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving! I am also thankful for Stephen Kind and Stephenie Myer

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers. New follower here :0)

    I have to say, I'm a nut about bringing my camera everywhere with me too. And I feel you about being a sports fan, but I'm all for hockey :0)

    And you're right about the concept of loving a book just because you do. There doesn't have to be a justified reason for loving it.

    You can find my FF here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved reading the Twilight Saga too. <3

    Follower. Come see my Friday, and see if I mentioned You! And have a Great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must admit I'm a Twilight fan.
    I'm a new follower, here's my blog http://kristyberridge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am thankful for the TWILIGHT SAGA as well! Wow!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Old follower,
    April
    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi. Just stopping by for the Friday Follow. I am a new follower here. My blog is http://steepedinbooks.blogspot.com
    I followed you on Twitter, too.
    http://Twitter.com/HomeStreetHomeY
    I would have liked your Facebook Page, too, if I'd found a button.
    http://facebook.com/homestreethomebooks

    Great Answers! I used to live in Colorado too, but I'm now by the Atlantic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you thank you thank you! I completely agree with you in Twilight, for exactly those reasons, too! I'm just so thankful for the sense of community in the book blogging world! So thank YOU :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy FF! Your comment on my blog cracked me up:) I like your answers LOVE Twilight!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Twilight made me try a lot of new book genres so I'm extremely thankful for it as well!! I just watched BD yesterday and it was AWESOOOOME!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just hopping by, hope you have a great week-end.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey!

    This is the first twilight one i've seen. I was expecting more. Sweet answer, bloggers really are nice people =]. Hope you have an awesome weekend.

    Here's my FF

    Amy@adumbrations (new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your newest follower. Just hopping on by.

    http://abbiesreadingcorner.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your daughter looks adorable! I think it's awesome that you do so many things together :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. New follower.

    JJ iReads
    My Friday Post

    ReplyDelete
  19. New follower. Your blog looks lovely!
    I was a HUGE Babysitters Club fan too. I even mentioned the books in my FF post.
    Your family is beautiful. Bless you all :)
    Stop by & say hi when you get a chance..
    Books&Beyond

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!

 

Important Dates

Get your own free Blogoversary button!