Thursday, December 15, 2011

TGIF / Follow Friday

A weekly Meme by GReads!
Friday, Dec. 16th - Most Popular: What blog post has gotten the most comments/activity on your blog this year?
Non-Meme? It was my review (and giveaway) of Shine by Lauren Myracle with 130 views. But total most views? TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop from October 13. (The TGIF question was where you sit - and I learned that a lot of people think my beloved couch is ugly. I happen to LOVE my green couch! I love the color, I love the style, I love that it's comfy!) That post got 160 views, 13 comments.
(I lost the majority of my blog comments a few months ago when I did away with IntenseDebate -- so I don't have an accurate count. 

Follow Friday is brought to you byParajunkee's Review and Allison Can Read! (Check them both out, you won't regret it!)

Question of the Week: When you've read a book, what do you do with it? (Keep it, give it away, donate it, sell it, swap it..?)

 When I finish a book, it really depends on what it was and how much I loved it. I like to keep the majority on my bookshelf (but I have a really small house and a really small bookshelf to go with it) and so typically I donate them or give them away. (I often take them to my MOPS meetings and just offer them up, unless I have a specific friend who I know would LOVE it. 

 

17 comments:

  1. It definately comes in handy donating books when you don't have the room, here's mine
    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/12/feature-and-follow-friday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had more space for my books! I would love to keep them all, but I just don't have the room :(

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a small shelf so I try to pass them on to someone who would love it.

    Old follower
    Check Out My Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm your new follow friday follower! Love your blog!
    Here's my "FF"

    Romi.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower & I'm a book trader :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's good thinking. I know it's lame, but I can't bring myself to part with a book, even when I didn't like >.<

    Sarah (New follower) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a small home too, so I have books all over the place! Some are just too good to part with.

    Here is my Follow Friday post

    Old follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes I know how it is with small bookshelves. :(

    Sending you best wishes,
    your new follower Aleksandra @ My Bookshelves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel you on the small house and small bookshelf thing. Most of my books are kept in cartons in my basement. It is nice that you have people to whom you can donate them. Old follower.

    Jennifer
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep all my books, despite how little space I have! New follower, love the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I only keep the ones I really liked.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my first time doing this meme and I think it is a great concept. I like discovering new (well, at least to me) book blogs.

    www.ocdaboutbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. True! If I really like the book, I want to them it. But I like most of my books, so I keep them!! Hehe. Great answer! Thank you for sharing it!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  14. Space is definitely an issue quite often, but luckily I have my e-readers as well which helps. Favorites always have a place on my shelf though!

    Happy Friday! I'm a new follower :) My FF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always keep the books I buy :) LoL probably because I can hardly afford to buy books, so when I do I make sure its one I love.

    That and I also go to the library too much for my own good LOL

    Love the blog and am now a follower :)
    http://thebookbluff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!

 

Important Dates

Get your own free Blogoversary button!