The Top Ten Books (I read) in 2011
*These were not all NEW books in 2011, just new to me.**In no particular order
1. Divergent by Veronica Roth.
Why? Why not! Tris is a fabulous heroine, the world that Veronica Roth built sucks you in. And who has read this that has not spent time trying to figure out which sector they belong to?? (My Review.)
2.Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.
Why? Stephanie Perkins writes in a way that I feel like I am right there in the middle of the book. Like the characters are life long friends, and the places are all places I've been (despite having never been to France.) And Etienne? *Swoon* (My Review.)
3. Wolves of the Calla (The Dark Tower, #5) by Stephen King. (Actually - the Dark tower Series)
Why? I love Stephen King. I spent three months in the Dark Tower Series, and I cannot even begin to explain how deeply I became committed to the characters. To me; this was my favorite of the series. (My Review)
4. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.
Why? This book was magical in a way I cannot begin to explain. It sucked me in and wouldn't let me walk away until I was finished. (And then had me running to the store for a red scarf immediately after!) If you haven't read this one, you must! I can't even begine to explain why. (My Review)
5. The Future of Us by Jay Asher, Carolyn Mackler.
Why? Because it's the first YA book aimed so closely at my generation. I was similar in age to Emma and Josh, so I felt like I was living there. It also made me nostalgic - not just for 90's products and bands, but for my own "Josh". (My Review)
6. Only Mine by Susan Mallery.
Why? Not only do I ADORE Fool's Gold, and this was my favorite couple so far! But also, this was the book that introduced me to book blogging. Susan Mallery RT'd Jess' (Gone with the Words) review and I was addicted! (My Review)
(
7. Touch by Jus Accardo.
Why? I could not put this book down. I loved it. I loved the idea of Denazen, I love Deznee and Kale, both together and apart. I finished it and immediately looked up when I could get my hands on the next book. (Unfortunately? Not until May...) (My Review.)
8. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
Why? While I read this one way back in January - pre blogging days - it inspired me to read and read and read this year. I'd always been a reader, but I read the series in a weekend and couldn't stop reading after that. It even got my husband reading! (No review written.)
9. Across the Universe by Beth Revis.
Why? Because I am not a fan of Sci-Fi. Never. No Way. No How. But this book? Read it in one sitting. Could not stop, needed more. Still need more. (Review to be posted next week.)
10. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin .
Why? Again - Why Not?? This story, the characters, the mystery and the twist? Wow. Just. Wow. Go. Read. Now. (Go. Re-read. Now.) (My Review)












I really want to read Divergent and Hunger Games. Everyone says how good it is so I'm surely going to go buy it! Great picks, the Stephan King sounds good too.
ReplyDeleteExcellent books! Kale, Four, and Noah? OH YEAH!
ReplyDeleteahhh Divergent and Mara Dyer were my favorites! Great picks!
ReplyDeleteBtw Im a new follower, hope you could drop by my blog when you can. Cheers!
♥Ficbookreviews♥
You have some really great books on your list! I loved Divergent, Anna, The Hunger Games and the Future of Us too :)
ReplyDelete