Friday, September 30, 2011

TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop

Brought to you by GReads!

Friday, Sept. 30th - Banned Books: How do you feel about the censorship of the freedom to read? Do you think the education system needs to be more strict on what children are exposed to in books?

To be completely honest? I cannot for the life of me understand who has the time on their hands to challenge and request that books be on the list of banned books. Ok; I suppose I know how it works. But really? GET A LIFE!!

Do I think the system needs to be more strict? No. Do I think parents need to be more involved? HECK YES!!! I think if you look at ANY book on the list, you can make it a wonderful learning experience. (And ratfor the record? My 3 year old celebrated her first banned books week this year! We read "And Tango Makes Three" at bedtime; and it has quickly become one of her favorites. Sure, there are some books that aren't exactly appropriate for a school setting, but if a teacher could prove to me what point they were trying to make with the book? I think I could go along with just about anything.


Follow Friday is brought to you byParajunkee's Review and Allison Can Read! (Check them both out, you won't regret it!)

Q. What book that hasn't been turned into a movie (yet) would you most like to see make it to the big screen, and who would you ast as your favorite character?

There are so many answers to this!!

I would LOVE to see Vampire Academy turned into a TV series! Now; unfortunately? I suck at picking a cast for anything - so I won't even try.

I'd also love to see a TV Series based in Fool's Gold! Of course -  again, I don't know who would play who or what. (Although I could totally see Candace Bergen playing Mayor Marsha! That's sort of who I see in my head already...)



“In honor of Banned Books Week, what is your favorite “banned or frequently challenged book”?”

Hmm... This is tough because there are SO many good ones. SO many. To pick just one from the recent list? I would say Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. Of course, there are so many that I absolutely adore and if I were to make a complete list? Well - we'd still be reading this next year on Banned Books Week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!

 

Important Dates

Get your own free Blogoversary button!