Title: How to Flirt with a Naked Warewolf
Author: Molly Harper
Format: Audio
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Personal : Audible.com
Published: February 22nd 2011 by Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group
My Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
From Goodreads
Northern Exposure
Even in Grundy, Alaska, it’s unusual to find a naked guy with a bear trap clamped to his ankle on your porch. But when said guy turns into a wolf, recent southern transplant Mo Wenstein has no difficulty identifying the problem. Her surly neighbor Cooper Graham—who has been openly critical of Mo’s ability to adapt to life in Alaska—has trouble of his own. Werewolf trouble.
For Cooper, an Alpha in self-imposed exile from his dysfunctional pack, it’s love at first sniff when it comes to Mo. But Cooper has an even more pressing concern on his mind. Several people around Grundy have been the victims of wolf attacks, and since Cooper has no memory of what he gets up to while in werewolf form, he’s worried that he might be the violent canine in question.
If a wolf cries wolf, it makes sense to listen, yet Mo is convinced that Cooper is not the culprit. Except if he’s not responsible, then who is? And when a werewolf falls head over haunches in love with you, what are you supposed to do anyway? The rules of dating just got a whole lot more complicated. . . .
Where to start... I have always had a secret desire to move to Alaska (unfortunately, I am not kidding.) So the idea of Mo packing up and moving to Alaska almost on a whim?? I love it, this graspped me and pulled me right in.
Honestly? I've waited almost 24 hours since finishing, and I'm still struggling to write about this book without gushing - so I'll just go to my ever popular, list form...
What I loved about this book:
*I loved Mo. Her snark, her humor. Everything. I loved that she picked up and moved clear accross the country, all by herself. I love that she was a take no crap kind of girl. (I mean really, she stands up to warewolves countless times!)
*Molly Harper was very true to small town life in this book, them meddling, the gossip, all the single men angling for the new single lady in town. The skepticism at the new girls ability to "hack it" with small town life. Loved every little detail of it.
*The stereotypes. I loved that Cooper wore flannel shirts. (Honestly; it's bizarrely fascinating to me... and makes him all the more appealing.
*The "twist"... I totally didn't see the resolution to the main problem (the mysterious wolf who is attacking people) coming out the way it was. I had several theories; but definitely not the one that Molly Harper had! So I loved that, I loved that I didn't see it until it bit me. (Literally.)
*The narration on this one (since I did listen Audio) was dead on, in my opinion. This was the perfect choice of narrator!!
What I didn't care for:
*Mo's best friend from "back home". More importantly (and while avoiding spoilers) the ending with her just didn't seem realistic to me. I think for it to be realistic, we didn't know her well enough. (And yes, the irony of my being annoyed with lack of a realistic quality in a book about WAREWOLVES is not lost...)
Overall? I cannot express how much I loved this book. I loved the characters, the snark, the plot. All of it. I give How to Flirt with a Naked Warewolf 5 hearts. ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Currently Reading


Rating System
♥♥♥♥♥ - STOP! Read this now!
♥♥♥♥ - Stay up late and read.
♥♥♥ - Add this to your "TBR" Pile.
♥♥ - Get it from the Library.
♥ - This book just wasn't for me.
♥♥♥♥ - Stay up late and read.
♥♥♥ - Add this to your "TBR" Pile.
♥♥ - Get it from the Library.
♥ - This book just wasn't for me.
Followers
Recent Posts
Recent Posts
Labels
2011
(2)
2012
(1)
Adult
(8)
Anderson
(1)
Blog Tour
(2)
Book Blogger Hop
(12)
Chick Lit
(9)
Christian
(9)
Contemporary
(28)
DAC
(1)
Discussion
(2)
Dystopian
(4)
Fantasy
(10)
Fiction
(9)
Follow Friday
(17)
Giveaway
(5)
Goals
(1)
Historical
(1)
HQN
(5)
In My Mailbox
(22)
Interview
(1)
Library
(1)
Mallery
(4)
Meme
(1)
Memoir
(1)
Middle Grade
(2)
Mystery
(2)
Non-Fiction
(1)
Paranormal
(18)
Personal
(8)
PSA
(1)
QandA
(1)
Read-A-Thon
(2)
Recipe
(1)
Reviews
(74)
Romance
(15)
Sci-Fi
(1)
Series
(10)
Series Review
(2)
Strain
(1)
TBR
(1)
Teaser Tuesday
(19)
Television
(1)
TGIF
(22)
Themes
(1)
Top Ten Tuesday
(13)
Video
(1)
waiting on wednesday
(14)
Wishlist
(19)
WWW Wednesday
(11)
YA
(42)
YA Audio
(1)
Grab My Button
Powered by Blogger.
Archive
-
▼
2011
(185)
-
▼
September
(40)
- Review: Southern Fried Sushi by Jennifer Rogers Sp...
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- Review: Wizard and Glass (Dark Tower #4) By Stephe...
- Review: How to Flirt with a Naked Warewolf by Moll...
- WWW / Waiting On Wednesday
- Teaser Tuesday
- Review: Only His by Susan Mallery
- Review: The Juliet Spell by Douglas Rees
- Sunday Rambles
- On My Wishlist
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- Review: 1225 Christmas Tree Lane by Debbie Macomber
- WWW / Waiting for Wednesday
- Top Ten Tuesday :: Top Ten Books Everyone Has Read...
- Teaser Tuesday
- Review: Her Rodeo Cowboy by Debra Clopton
- Review: Frostbite by Richelle Mead
- Review: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- In My Mailbox
- On My Wishlist
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- Review: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- Review: Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty
- Waiting on Wednesday
- WWW Wednesday
- Top Ten Tuesday :: Top Ten Books I Read Because of...
- Teaser Tuesday
- Review: Irresistible (Buchanans #2) by Susan Mallery
- Accents! (Or, I talk funny!)
- In My Mailbox
- On my Wishlist
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- Review: Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
- WWW Wednesday
- Teaser Tuesday
- Review: Something Blue by Emily Giffin
- Books? What are those?
- On My Wishlist
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- A Big Day!
-
▼
September
(40)
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Review: How to Flirt with a Naked Warewolf by Molly Harper
Labels:
Adult,
Fiction,
Paranormal,
Reviews
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!