Title: 1225 Christmas Tree Lane
Author: Debbie Macomber
Format: Kindle
Genre: Romance, Holiday
Source: Netgalley.com
Published: September 27th 2011 by Mira
My Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
From goodreads
The people of Cedar Cove know how to celebrate Christmas. Like Grace and Olivia and everyone else, Beth Morehouse expects this Christmas to be one of her best. Her small Christmas-tree farm is prospering, her daughters and her dogs are happy and well, and her new relationship with local vet Ted Reynolds is showing plenty of romantic promise.
But …someone recently left a basket filled with puppies on her doorstep, puppies she's determined to place in good homes. That's complication number one. And number two is that her daughters Bailey and Sophie have invited their dad, Beth's ex-husband, Kent, to Cedar Cove for Christmas. The girls have visions of a mom-and-dad reunion dancing in their heads.
As always in life and in Cedar Cove there are surprises, too. More than one family's going to have a puppy under the tree. More than one scheme will go awry. And more than one romance will have a happy ending!
I suppose I should start by letting you know this was my first adventure into Cedar Cove! (Really, somehow - despite being an avid romance reader for ten years now, I'd never read a Cedar Cove book.) I suppose kind of silly to read the final installment first! But none the less? I enjoyed it and now plan to go back and read the rest of the series.
I have to say I am a bit disappointed in the regurgitation of previous characters. I typically love that part of series romance novels, but this was a bit overwhelming the way she just dumped all the previous characters on us. It seemed as though she was trying too hard, and I expected it to be a bit more subtle from Debbie Macomber.
I absolutely loved Beth from the moment she first appeared on the screen of my Kindle. She's a divorcee who purchased the Christmas Tree Farm in Cedar Cove (how fun would it be to live on a Christmas Tree farm?? ) and on the side helps to rescue stray animals.
I loved that this was the story of children plotting to get their divorced parents back together; when I'd read that in the synopsis I was worried that it would be one big cliche after another! (Having a few friends with divorced parents, I have witnessed the heart break that this expectation can carry.) But throw in some adorable puppies, and witty writing and you have a great story!
I give 1225 Christmas Tree Lane by Debbie Macomber 4 hearts, and can't wait to read the rest of the series! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Now go, pick it up yourself on September 27 to get in the holiday mood!
Currently Reading


Rating System
♥♥♥♥♥ - STOP! Read this now!
♥♥♥♥ - Stay up late and read.
♥♥♥ - Add this to your "TBR" Pile.
♥♥ - Get it from the Library.
♥ - This book just wasn't for me.
♥♥♥♥ - Stay up late and read.
♥♥♥ - Add this to your "TBR" Pile.
♥♥ - Get it from the Library.
♥ - This book just wasn't for me.
Followers
Recent Posts
Recent Posts
Labels
2011
(2)
2012
(1)
Adult
(8)
Anderson
(1)
Blog Tour
(2)
Book Blogger Hop
(12)
Chick Lit
(9)
Christian
(9)
Contemporary
(28)
DAC
(1)
Discussion
(2)
Dystopian
(4)
Fantasy
(10)
Fiction
(9)
Follow Friday
(17)
Giveaway
(5)
Goals
(1)
Historical
(1)
HQN
(5)
In My Mailbox
(22)
Interview
(1)
Library
(1)
Mallery
(4)
Meme
(1)
Memoir
(1)
Middle Grade
(2)
Mystery
(2)
Non-Fiction
(1)
Paranormal
(18)
Personal
(8)
PSA
(1)
QandA
(1)
Read-A-Thon
(2)
Recipe
(1)
Reviews
(74)
Romance
(15)
Sci-Fi
(1)
Series
(10)
Series Review
(2)
Strain
(1)
TBR
(1)
Teaser Tuesday
(19)
Television
(1)
TGIF
(22)
Themes
(1)
Top Ten Tuesday
(13)
Video
(1)
waiting on wednesday
(14)
Wishlist
(19)
WWW Wednesday
(11)
YA
(42)
YA Audio
(1)
Grab My Button
Powered by Blogger.
Archive
-
▼
2011
(185)
-
▼
September
(40)
- Review: Southern Fried Sushi by Jennifer Rogers Sp...
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- Review: Wizard and Glass (Dark Tower #4) By Stephe...
- Review: How to Flirt with a Naked Warewolf by Moll...
- WWW / Waiting On Wednesday
- Teaser Tuesday
- Review: Only His by Susan Mallery
- Review: The Juliet Spell by Douglas Rees
- Sunday Rambles
- On My Wishlist
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- Review: 1225 Christmas Tree Lane by Debbie Macomber
- WWW / Waiting for Wednesday
- Top Ten Tuesday :: Top Ten Books Everyone Has Read...
- Teaser Tuesday
- Review: Her Rodeo Cowboy by Debra Clopton
- Review: Frostbite by Richelle Mead
- Review: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- In My Mailbox
- On My Wishlist
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- Review: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- Review: Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty
- Waiting on Wednesday
- WWW Wednesday
- Top Ten Tuesday :: Top Ten Books I Read Because of...
- Teaser Tuesday
- Review: Irresistible (Buchanans #2) by Susan Mallery
- Accents! (Or, I talk funny!)
- In My Mailbox
- On my Wishlist
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- Review: Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
- WWW Wednesday
- Teaser Tuesday
- Review: Something Blue by Emily Giffin
- Books? What are those?
- On My Wishlist
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- A Big Day!
-
▼
September
(40)
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


This is such a great series, you HAVE to go back and read the rest of the Cedar Cove series! You will love it.
ReplyDeleteI have pre-ordered this book for my Kindle and I can't wait to read it.