Author: Debra Clopton
Format: Kindle
Genre: Christian Romance HQN
Source: Netgalley.com
Published: August 23rd 2011 by Love Inspired
My Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
From goodreads
Finding Her Way To Love
Everything accountant Montana Brown thought she knew about love and marriage goes topsyturvy when her parents split up. Shaken, she heads to Mule Hollow, Texas, to stay with family and take a chance on an old dream: being a cowgirl. With all her might, she tries to resist the charms of a too–handsome cowboy. Luke Holden is going after his own dream of expanding his ranch. A wife isn't on his wish list. But the Mule Hollow matchmakers are fixin' to lasso Luke and Montana together—with a little faith and love.
I requested Her Rodeo Cowboy from NetGalley awhile back, the Harlequin books of the month are my secret obsession. (This may be the first time I'm actually admitting this!) It doesn't matter what line it is, I love them all. However, I don't have much experience with the Love Inspired lines. Also, I believe this was my first experience reading one of Debra Cloptons books!
I was looking forward to curling up in my reading chair, with a cup of tea and spending an afternoon with this book. I definitely wasn't disappointed.
This was a sweet story about Montana and Luke, Montana has aspirations of being a champion barrel racer, after quitting her job as an accountant. Luke is building a successful ranch with his brothers, and neither are looking for love after watching their parents relationships crumble. But of course, fate (or God, since this is a Love Inspired book) has different plans for the two!
What I Loved about this book:
*The women from the county playing matchmaker! I always love small town life books, and these characters made it all the more fun!
*That Montana was the one chasing her goals. So many times in these books, the man is the one chasing rodeo dreams, not the woman. So I LOVED this aspect
What I didn't care for about this book:
*The cheesy accents of Stanley, App and Sam. The fact that no one else had even the slightest accent, this really annoyed me.
*That Luke on the cover looks NOTHING like how I picture Luke!
All in all? If you're looking for a good quick read, a chance to escape for an afternoon? Her Rodeo Cowboy by Debra Clopton is an endearing story that will leave you waiting for another installment in the Mule Hollow series! I give this book 4 hearts. ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥



0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!