Friday, September 23, 2011

TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop


I want to apologize in advance - My husband is home; because of his job he is gone for six weeks, then home for four days. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. So the four days that he is home; I dedicate my time to spending time with him! I will be around to comment (and catch up) on everyone's blog early next week!! (Expect lots of comments on all your recent posts ;) As I will take a full day to get caught up with all my wonderful book blogger friends!) Thanks for understanding :)  -- Jac
Brought to you by GReads! 


Reading Challenges: Did you sign up for any this year? 
How has your progression been?

I didn't find out about book blogging until mid July of this year (I'm not really sure what rock I'd been living under!) so I hadn't joined any challenges per se. But I set 2 challenges to myself as a New Years Resolution :: Read 80 books (I'm at 85 now) and read one non-fic book per month (so far, so good - although I haven't yet read one in September! I should really get on that... 



Follow Friday is brought to you byParajunkee's Review and Allison Can Read! (Check them both out, you won't regret it!)


Q. Do you have a favorite series that you read over and over again? Tell us a bit about it and why you keep on revisiting it?

I don't re-read series much, I have so many books on my TBR list that I don't often have time. Plus? There is nothing like reading a book for the first time! 

I have a few books I re-read regularly though: Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain, The Stand by Stephen King, Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen.  

In the future? I can see myself re-reading the Jessica Darling series AND Vampire Academy. But I don't know that I would do it multiple times. 


<Coming Soon>

7 comments:

  1. I loved the Jessica Darling series and Vampire Academy. They're awesome books! Great answer :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping by to visit and follow! Tom Sawyer's a great book--I've only reread it once since childhood, but I loved the sly sarcastic humor the narrator slipped in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't reread much these days, either. Although that upsets me because I really have loved a lot of books. Unfortunately, I'm always distracted my new ones.

    I'm only just reading the Jessica Darling series for the first time, but I also have a feeling those books are going to be among my all-time favourites.

    New follower here. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not really a big rereader either. I have so many other books I need to read it's hard to actually want to reread books anymore. But Harry Potter is always the exception ;)

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Follow Friday!

    I hope you will stop by and check out our twitter event going on today!
    http://OurBooksOurVoice.Blogspot.com

    Sincerely,
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Follow Friday!

    I hope you will stop by and check out our twitter event going on today!
    http://OurBooksOurVoice.Blogspot.com

    Sincerely,
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. I loved Water for Elephants. I can't wait to see the movie when it's out on DVD. Enjoy having your husband home.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!

 

Important Dates

Get your own free Blogoversary button!