Title: Living Dead Girl
Author: Elizabeth Scott
Format: Paperback
Genre: YA
Source: Personal Copy
Published: September 8th 2009 by Simon Pulse
My Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 1/2
From Goodreads:
The thing is, you can get used to anything. You think you can't, you want to die, but you don't. You won't. You just are.
This is Alice.
She was taken by Ray five years ago.
She thought she knew how her story would end.
She was wrong.
While I haven't read Elizabeth Scott before, I had heard nothing but good things about her work. Add to that my sister and another friend recommending this book, and I was excited to read this book. I didn't have much of an idea of what Living Dead Girl would be, beyond a story about an abduction.
Now let me tell you! This book was both one of the most compelling and most difficult to read books of the year for me. I could not put it down, but at the same time, I struggled. (If that makes any sense at all??) I read it in a matter of hours, and Elizabeth Scott did an excellent job of putting me inside Alice's head.
As a parent? This book absolutely terrifies me. As a once teenage girl? My heart breaks for Alice. As a person? I am angry at humanity. For turning the other way. For not asking questions. For not noticing.
I'm not sure I can say I would recommend this book, I suppose it would depend on the person. I would definitely say that Elizabeth Scott's writing is haunting and real. This book is a definite page turner; 4 1/2 hearts. ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 1/2
Currently Reading


Rating System
♥♥♥♥♥ - STOP! Read this now!
♥♥♥♥ - Stay up late and read.
♥♥♥ - Add this to your "TBR" Pile.
♥♥ - Get it from the Library.
♥ - This book just wasn't for me.
♥♥♥♥ - Stay up late and read.
♥♥♥ - Add this to your "TBR" Pile.
♥♥ - Get it from the Library.
♥ - This book just wasn't for me.
Followers
Recent Posts
Recent Posts
Labels
2011
(2)
2012
(1)
Adult
(8)
Anderson
(1)
Blog Tour
(2)
Book Blogger Hop
(12)
Chick Lit
(9)
Christian
(9)
Contemporary
(28)
DAC
(1)
Discussion
(2)
Dystopian
(4)
Fantasy
(10)
Fiction
(9)
Follow Friday
(17)
Giveaway
(5)
Goals
(1)
Historical
(1)
HQN
(5)
In My Mailbox
(22)
Interview
(1)
Library
(1)
Mallery
(4)
Meme
(1)
Memoir
(1)
Middle Grade
(2)
Mystery
(2)
Non-Fiction
(1)
Paranormal
(18)
Personal
(8)
PSA
(1)
QandA
(1)
Read-A-Thon
(2)
Recipe
(1)
Reviews
(74)
Romance
(15)
Sci-Fi
(1)
Series
(10)
Series Review
(2)
Strain
(1)
TBR
(1)
Teaser Tuesday
(19)
Television
(1)
TGIF
(22)
Themes
(1)
Top Ten Tuesday
(13)
Video
(1)
waiting on wednesday
(14)
Wishlist
(19)
WWW Wednesday
(11)
YA
(42)
YA Audio
(1)
Grab My Button
Powered by Blogger.
Archive
-
▼
2011
(185)
-
▼
October
(39)
- Review: My Very UnFairy Tale Life by Anna Stanisze...
- In My Mailbox
- On My Wishlist
- TGIF
- Review: Wolves of the Calla by Stephen King
- WWW / Waiting on Wednesday
- Teaser / Top Ten Tuesday
- Bout of Books Read-a-thon
- And the Winner Is!!!
- Review: Slim to None by Jenny Gardiner
- In My Mailbox
- On My Wishlist
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- Review: Shine by Lauren Myracle (+ Giveaway!)
- Review: Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott
- Top Ten Tuesday :: Judging Books By Their Covers
- Teaser Tuesday
- Weekend of Reading - Mini Reviews!!
- In My Mailbox
- On My Wishlist
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- And the Winner Is...
- Review: Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead
- WWW / Waiting on Wednesday
- Top Ten Tuesday
- Teaser Tuesday (And a PSA!)
- Review: Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
- Giveaway: Anna (x2), Lola or Mara! You Chose!!
- In My Mailbox
- On My Wishlist
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- Review: There You'll Find Me by Jenny B Jones
- Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Ho...
- WWW / Waiting on Wednesday
- Teaser Tuesday
- Review: The Wonder of Your Love by Beth Wiseman
- In My Mailbox
- Review: Lola and the Boy Next Door
- On My Wishlist
-
▼
October
(39)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!