Thursday, October 6, 2011

Review: There You'll Find Me by Jenny B Jones

Title: There You'll Find Me
Author:
Jenny B Jones
Format: E-Book
Genre: YA Contemporary

Source: Netgalley
Published: 
October 4th 2011 by Thomas Nelson
My Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥1/2


 From Goodreads

In a small cottage house in rural Ireland, Finley discovers she can no longer outrun the past.
When Finley travels to Ireland as a foreign exchange student, she hopes to create a new identity and get some answers from the God who took her brother away and seems to have left her high and dry.
But from the moment she boards the plane and sits by Beckett Rush, teen star of the hottest vampire flicks, nothing goes according to Finley's plan.
 When she gets too close to Beckett, a classmate goes on a mission to make sure Finley packs her bags, departs Ireland-and leaves Beckett alone.
 Finley feels the pressure all around. As things start to fall apart, she begins to rely on a not-so-healthy method of taking control of her life.

 Finley tries to balance it all-disasters on the set of Beckett's new movie, the demands of school, and her growing romance with one actor who is not what he seems. Yet Finley is also not who she portrays to Beckett and her friends.
 For the first time in her life, Finley must get honest with herself to get right with God.
 
 I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I got this book, I'd heard good things about Jenny B Jones and I knew the book was set in Ireland. But beyond that? I wasn't sure about anything. 

I enjoyed this book, although I wouldn't put it in the top ten I've read this year. It was a quick and fun read.  And I really appreciated that, aside from dating Robert Pattinson err... I mean Beckett Rush and being uber rich herself? Finley's problems were normal, things that any girl her age may feel and go through. 

This is a Christian Book, but the story at the heart is still a sweet and entertaining read without being too pushy on the religion front. 

What I loved about this book:

*Beckett's cute names for Finley. Too irritate her, he pretends her name is so forgettable, calling her Flossy, Frannie and a multitude of other F names. It was really cute...
*Finley's relationship with Mrs. Sweeney; this was a great storyline and I just loved it. (Can't say much more without giving away spoilers.)
*The musical aspect; I wish that I could hear the song that Finley composed (Will's song) I have a thought of how it might sound...

What I didn't care for:
*Robert Pattinson I mean, Beckett Rush. I liked Beckett, he was a great boy for a YA book, not too bad boy, not too perfect, etc. BUT.. I hated that I kept thinking "Wow, why doesn't she just call him "Robert"? because it was so obvious." 

Overall I really enjoyed There You'll Find Me, and can't wait to read another book by Jenny B Jones. I give it 3 and a half hearts.  ♥ ♥ ♥1/2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!

 

Important Dates

Get your own free Blogoversary button!