Title: Wolves of the Calla (Dark Tower #5)
Author: Stephen King
Format: Paperback
Genre: Fantasy
Source: Personal Copy
Published: January 24th 2006 by Pocket
My Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
From Goodreads:
Set in a world of extraordinary circumstances, filled with stunning visual imagery and unforgettable characters, the DARK TOWER series is unlike anything you have ever read.
Here is the fifth installment, "one of the strongest entries yet in what will surely be a master storyteller's magnum opus" (Locus).
Roland Deschain and his ka-tet are bearing southeast through the forests of Mid-World on their quest for the Dark Tower. Their path takes them to the outskirts of Calla Bryn Sturgis. But beyond the tranquil farm town, the ground rises to the hulking darkness of Thunderclap, the source of a terrible affliction that is stealing the town's soul. The wolves of Thunderclap and their unspeakable depredation are coming. To resist them is to risk all, but these are odds the gunslingers are used to. Their guns, however, will not be enough....
I have to say, my biggest complaint about this book is that the cover art I had for the first 4 books doesn't exist for the last 3 :( (Stupid changing of publishers!!)
But really? Let's get down to my thoughts!
How can I even begin to put my thoughts in print? This books (in my opinion) showed what a genius King really is. No plot left unanswered, no matter how small! (And his use of pop culture? I about died of laughter when Harry Potter showed up!! And no, I'm not kidding.)
This has been my FAVORITE of the series so far - I finally felt like I really got to know Susannah in this one, and until now I didn't really care for her. I know a lot of people complained that he brought back her Schizophrenia for this book, but to me it only makes sense and I think it adds to her personality. I loved that Eddie and Jake also played bigger roles. (I guess I was just a bit tired of nothing but Roland after Wizard and Glass!)
I loved the story surrounding the Wolves, I loved the people of Calla Bryn Sturgis and I loved all the different ways that pop culture ties in with Roland's world.
I suppose all I can really say is that you should go read this series. I didn't LOVE the first four books, in fact? As I read them, it was slow and difficult at times. But as I finished each one, I looked back at it and liked it. But this one, I loved every page. I can't wait to see where the next one takes me!
**On a personal note: My Husband is home - he travels for work and is only home 4 days per month - so my chances to read and comment on blogs is limited; but I do look forward to visiting and returning EVERY comment as soon as he heads back to work**
Currently Reading


Rating System
♥♥♥♥♥ - STOP! Read this now!
♥♥♥♥ - Stay up late and read.
♥♥♥ - Add this to your "TBR" Pile.
♥♥ - Get it from the Library.
♥ - This book just wasn't for me.
♥♥♥♥ - Stay up late and read.
♥♥♥ - Add this to your "TBR" Pile.
♥♥ - Get it from the Library.
♥ - This book just wasn't for me.
Followers
Recent Posts
Recent Posts
Labels
2011
(2)
2012
(1)
Adult
(8)
Anderson
(1)
Blog Tour
(2)
Book Blogger Hop
(12)
Chick Lit
(9)
Christian
(9)
Contemporary
(28)
DAC
(1)
Discussion
(2)
Dystopian
(4)
Fantasy
(10)
Fiction
(9)
Follow Friday
(17)
Giveaway
(5)
Goals
(1)
Historical
(1)
HQN
(5)
In My Mailbox
(22)
Interview
(1)
Library
(1)
Mallery
(4)
Meme
(1)
Memoir
(1)
Middle Grade
(2)
Mystery
(2)
Non-Fiction
(1)
Paranormal
(18)
Personal
(8)
PSA
(1)
QandA
(1)
Read-A-Thon
(2)
Recipe
(1)
Reviews
(74)
Romance
(15)
Sci-Fi
(1)
Series
(10)
Series Review
(2)
Strain
(1)
TBR
(1)
Teaser Tuesday
(19)
Television
(1)
TGIF
(22)
Themes
(1)
Top Ten Tuesday
(13)
Video
(1)
waiting on wednesday
(14)
Wishlist
(19)
WWW Wednesday
(11)
YA
(42)
YA Audio
(1)
Grab My Button
Powered by Blogger.
Archive
-
▼
2011
(185)
-
▼
October
(39)
- Review: My Very UnFairy Tale Life by Anna Stanisze...
- In My Mailbox
- On My Wishlist
- TGIF
- Review: Wolves of the Calla by Stephen King
- WWW / Waiting on Wednesday
- Teaser / Top Ten Tuesday
- Bout of Books Read-a-thon
- And the Winner Is!!!
- Review: Slim to None by Jenny Gardiner
- In My Mailbox
- On My Wishlist
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- Review: Shine by Lauren Myracle (+ Giveaway!)
- Review: Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott
- Top Ten Tuesday :: Judging Books By Their Covers
- Teaser Tuesday
- Weekend of Reading - Mini Reviews!!
- In My Mailbox
- On My Wishlist
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- And the Winner Is...
- Review: Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead
- WWW / Waiting on Wednesday
- Top Ten Tuesday
- Teaser Tuesday (And a PSA!)
- Review: Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
- Giveaway: Anna (x2), Lola or Mara! You Chose!!
- In My Mailbox
- On My Wishlist
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- Review: There You'll Find Me by Jenny B Jones
- Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Ho...
- WWW / Waiting on Wednesday
- Teaser Tuesday
- Review: The Wonder of Your Love by Beth Wiseman
- In My Mailbox
- Review: Lola and the Boy Next Door
- On My Wishlist
-
▼
October
(39)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!