Title: Slim to None
Author: Jenny Gardiner
Format: Kindle (for iPad)
Genre: Contemporary Fic
Source: Personal Copy
Published: April 27th 2010 by Diversion Books
My Rating: ♥ ♥ 1/2
From Goodreads:
Abbie Jennings is Manhattan's top food critic until her expanding waistline makes staying incognito at restaurants impossible. Her cover blown on Page Six of the New York Post, her editor has no choice but to bench her—and suggest she use the time off to bench-press her way back to anonymity. Abbie’s life has been built around her career, and therefore around celebrating food. Forced to drop the pounds if she wants her primo gig back, Abbie must peel back the layers of her past and confront the fears that have led to her current life.
I grabbed Slim to None on Amazon this past week, it popped up on the "People who bought htis also bought..." list, I liked the idea of a food critic going on a diet, and it was cheap. My perfect combination! *lol* And it was a pretty good, quick and fluffy read.
There was so much I liked about Abbie, she was a great main character with a great personality and a good job. And I suppose, in many ways she was realistic - and that may have been just what I didn't like about her. I didn't like that she kept a HUGE secret from her husband, I didn't like that she was so wrapped up in her job that she ignored her husband and that she refused to talk about her life with him.
There was lots I loved about this book - I loved the storyline about George (the Homeless man) and the work storyline with the sneaky job stealing coworker. I liked Abbie's husband, and I appreciated the wrap up with her personal family story. I loved reading Abbie's column in the paper as well; that was a neat touch.
I did enjoy this book, it was a quick fun read. I was just disappointed in a lot of little things with this book that dragged it down for me. If you're looking for something light with a little humor - this is definitely the book!
Currently Reading


Rating System
♥♥♥♥♥ - STOP! Read this now!
♥♥♥♥ - Stay up late and read.
♥♥♥ - Add this to your "TBR" Pile.
♥♥ - Get it from the Library.
♥ - This book just wasn't for me.
♥♥♥♥ - Stay up late and read.
♥♥♥ - Add this to your "TBR" Pile.
♥♥ - Get it from the Library.
♥ - This book just wasn't for me.
Followers
Recent Posts
Recent Posts
Labels
2011
(2)
2012
(1)
Adult
(8)
Anderson
(1)
Blog Tour
(2)
Book Blogger Hop
(12)
Chick Lit
(9)
Christian
(9)
Contemporary
(28)
DAC
(1)
Discussion
(2)
Dystopian
(4)
Fantasy
(10)
Fiction
(9)
Follow Friday
(17)
Giveaway
(5)
Goals
(1)
Historical
(1)
HQN
(5)
In My Mailbox
(22)
Interview
(1)
Library
(1)
Mallery
(4)
Meme
(1)
Memoir
(1)
Middle Grade
(2)
Mystery
(2)
Non-Fiction
(1)
Paranormal
(18)
Personal
(8)
PSA
(1)
QandA
(1)
Read-A-Thon
(2)
Recipe
(1)
Reviews
(74)
Romance
(15)
Sci-Fi
(1)
Series
(10)
Series Review
(2)
Strain
(1)
TBR
(1)
Teaser Tuesday
(19)
Television
(1)
TGIF
(22)
Themes
(1)
Top Ten Tuesday
(13)
Video
(1)
waiting on wednesday
(14)
Wishlist
(19)
WWW Wednesday
(11)
YA
(42)
YA Audio
(1)
Grab My Button
Powered by Blogger.
Archive
-
▼
2011
(185)
-
▼
October
(39)
- Review: My Very UnFairy Tale Life by Anna Stanisze...
- In My Mailbox
- On My Wishlist
- TGIF
- Review: Wolves of the Calla by Stephen King
- WWW / Waiting on Wednesday
- Teaser / Top Ten Tuesday
- Bout of Books Read-a-thon
- And the Winner Is!!!
- Review: Slim to None by Jenny Gardiner
- In My Mailbox
- On My Wishlist
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- Review: Shine by Lauren Myracle (+ Giveaway!)
- Review: Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott
- Top Ten Tuesday :: Judging Books By Their Covers
- Teaser Tuesday
- Weekend of Reading - Mini Reviews!!
- In My Mailbox
- On My Wishlist
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- And the Winner Is...
- Review: Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead
- WWW / Waiting on Wednesday
- Top Ten Tuesday
- Teaser Tuesday (And a PSA!)
- Review: Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
- Giveaway: Anna (x2), Lola or Mara! You Chose!!
- In My Mailbox
- On My Wishlist
- TGIF / Follow Friday / Book Blogger Hop
- Review: There You'll Find Me by Jenny B Jones
- Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Ho...
- WWW / Waiting on Wednesday
- Teaser Tuesday
- Review: The Wonder of Your Love by Beth Wiseman
- In My Mailbox
- Review: Lola and the Boy Next Door
- On My Wishlist
-
▼
October
(39)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!