Brought to you by Should Be Reading!
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?
What are you currently reading? Eve by Anna Carey I had been so excited for this one; I read the first 70 pages and then set it down and hadn't picked it up for nearly a week... hopefully I can finish it this time.
What did you recently finish reading? Until There Was You by Kristan Higgins I got this one from Netgalley, and have an author interview coming up! This book was fun, funny and all around a quick and fluffy read!
What do you plan on reading next? Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel I have heard such great things about this book, I am really excited to read it! (Although I'm still not sure how I feel at the possibility of liking Zombies...)
Brought to you by Breaking the Spine
I absolutely cannot wait for 11/22/63 by Stephen King! It's out November 8th, and I can't think of anything better than a book combining two of the things that intrigue me most - the Kennedy Assassination and Stephen King! From Amzon:
On November 22, 1963, three shots rang out in Dallas, President Kennedy died, and the world changed. What if you could change it back? Stephen King’s heart-stoppingly dramatic new novel is about a man who travels back in time to prevent the JFK assassination—a thousand page tour de force.
Following his massively successful novel Under the Dome, King sweeps readers back in time to another moment—a real life moment—when everything went wrong: the JFK assassination. And he introduces readers to a character who has the power to change the course of history.
Jake Epping is a thirty-five-year-old high school English teacher in Lisbon Falls, Maine, who makes extra money teaching adults in the GED program. He receives an essay from one of the students—a gruesome, harrowing first person story about the night 50 years ago when Harry Dunning’s father came home and killed his mother, his sister, and his brother with a hammer. Harry escaped with a smashed leg, as evidenced by his crooked walk.
Not much later, Jake’s friend Al, who runs the local diner, divulges a secret: his storeroom is a portal to 1958. He enlists Jake on an insane—and insanely possible—mission to try to prevent the Kennedy assassination. So begins Jake’s new life as George Amberson and his new world of Elvis and JFK, of big American cars and sock hops, of a troubled loner named Lee Harvey Oswald and a beautiful high school librarian named Sadie Dunhill, who becomes the love of Jake’s life—a life that transgresses all the normal rules of time.
A tribute to a simpler era and a devastating exercise in escalating suspense, 11/22/63 is Stephen King at his epic best.
And for fun? The book trailer:






0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!