Brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish
1.The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - who wouldn't fall in love with this cover?
2. Breaking Dawn: Yes, I had been living under a rock. I spent 4 years as a truck driver, and for the most part during those 4 years I didn't have TV and my internet access was VERY limited. I never made it to the movies, and my shopping was limited to one week a month when I was "off duty". I had never heard of Twilight. I like chess, this cover was beautiful. So? I bought it - got it home - realized it was a series and went back out to buy the first 3 books. My obsession with YA was born.
3. Water for Elephants: A few years back, this one was on the NEW RELEASE shelf at my local library; I was captivated by the cover and I snagged it immediately. Best choice ever. This is one of my favorite books.
4. Half Broke Horses: I am a sucker for old time, black and white photos. And the title was pretty cool too... I read it in a few hours after getting it home and ran out to get it's predecessor (Glass Castle)
5. Chasing Perfect: More for the title than the cover - bought it the week it was released and thus began my love affair with Fool's Gold and Susan Mallery!
6. The Winter Lodge: I was pregnant and on a ski trip with my family... It was Christmas Eve and everyone was skiing but me, so I picked this up in the little gift shop at the slope. It was a pretty mountain background, and a romance book... Oh how I am glad I grabbed it!! I love this series so much.
7. The Sharper Your Knife the Less You Cry: Ok; I'll be honest. A good friend recommended this one to me, but I love the cover so much it had to make this list! (And I am a total foodie; so the story was fun too...)
8. The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake: Talk about a major disappointment. The cover? Beautiful. The title? Interesting. The book? Boring, Confusing, Not Good.
9. Anna Dressed in Blood: Epic Win!! Great cover, great book, GREAT!
10. What Happened to Goodbye: My first Dessen book! But who doesn't just adore her covers??







0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!